SUPPORT ICE | Commissions and First PAge
Dedicated to commissioning, performing and advocating for the music of today, ICE has launched First Page, a new commissioning initiative. First Page donors support the conception, creation, performance and continued life of a new piece of music, and are invited to observe and participate in all parts of this rich process. Our program encompasses three areas of focus:
- ICE ensemble commissions
- EntICE: our youth orchestra/ICE commissions and collaborations
- OpenICE Musicians’ Fund: empowering individual ICE musicians to curate and commission a full program.
Imagine honoring your family and loved ones through a special, new piece of music which will last a lifetime. First Page is a remarkable opportunity to leave a lasting legacy of your love of contemporary music. Naming opportunities begin at $5,000, and gifts can be made with cash or securities, or with a pledge to be paid over time.
First Page Members can expect to receive:
- Exclusive previews with artists throughout creation of piece
- Access to working rehearsals
- Recognition in association with the piece for its entire lifetime
- Special acknowledgement at the premiere
- Framed copy of the score's first page, autographed by the composer
- Additional invitations (backstage, on tour, etc)
All contributions are unrestricted and support and strengthen the commissioning, production, outreach and touring activities of ICE.
Current First Page Opportunities: Visit our COMMISSION page to check out upcoming projects.
Please contact Rebekah Heller, co-Artistic Director, for more information about composers, projects, and how to become involved. Bring an exciting new piece of music to life!
We wish to thank the following contributors to First Page:
The Casement Fund
Van Cleef & Arpels
Francis Goelet Charitable Lead Trusts
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
New Music USA
Justus and Elizabeth Schlichting
Highlights of ICE’s past First Page commissioning activities:
HAGOROMO by Nathan Davis in collaboration with Wendy Whelan, David Michalek, Brooklyn Youth Chorus and American Opera Projects
- Premiere at BAM’s Next Wave Festival, Brooklyn, New York, November 2015
THE FORCE OF THINGS by Ashley Fure in collaboration with Adam Fure
- Premiere at Internationales Musikinstitut Darmstadt, Darmstadt, Germany, August 1, 2016